Re: [Evolution] Evolution CalDAV calendars marked read only. CardDAV does not work.

On Sun, 2017-01-08 at 17:40 -0700, Eric O'Connor wrote:
I have configured my calendar, and can view all of my events, but
cannot edit it within evolution. Is there a solution?

        Hi,
works for me, using DAViCal, Google calendars and some other as well.
It can depend on several aspects, including server configuration.

This appears to have happened before, was it fixed and then reverted?

No, I do not think so.

Is CardDAV supported at all? It's referred to as "webdav" in the
address book menu, so I'm not sure if I should be expecting things to
work out, since the two are different things.

Sure, again, works for me without issues. I can read/write using a
DAViCal server.

I would try to debug this:
a) close the evolution
b) open a terminal and run there:
   $ WEBDAV_DEBUG=all /usr/libexec/evolution-addresbook-factory -w
c) open another terminal and run there:
   $ CALDAV_DEBUG=all /usr/libexec/evolution-calendar-factory -w
d) run the evolution

The interesting lines in the log are those which follow OPTIONS
request. An "Allow" header should advertise PUT or POST and eventually
also DELETE, and a "DAV" header should advertise "calendar-access".
This is for CalDAV. The WebDAV is simpler, it requests only to be
online, to be writable.

        Bye,
        Milan