Re: [Evolution] evolution will not start again after update

On Mon, 2017-02-27 at 14:41 +0100, Benoit LANGLAIS wrote:
The icon appears correctly in my iconbox (I'm using fvwm2) but I can not
make it active or anything. And I have no other choice than a kill
command to kill it.

any ideas, or better, any help to sort this out would be appreciated!

        Hi,
apart of what Pete said, with which I agree, install debuginfo for the
evolution and evolution-data-server, then get the backtrace of the
stuck evolution to see what it does/tries to do. Make sure the version
of the debuginfo packages match the version of the main/binary
packages. You can get the backtrace with command like this:
   $ gdb --batch --ex "t a a bt" -pid=`pidof evolution` &>bt.txt
Please check the bt.txt for any private information, like passwords,
email address, server addresses,... I usually search for "pass" at
least (quotes for clarity only).
        Bye,
        Milan