Re: [Evolution] Debugging automatic filter application

On Mon, 2017-02-13 at 15:16 -0800, Aditya Prasad wrote:
I can't figure out why filters are not being applied automatically when
downloading from my (POP) server. Does anyone have debugging tips?

* I've made sure I checked "Apply filters to new messages in all folders"
(I also tried "Apply filters to new messages in Inbox on this server").

* I don't think I have any other clients fetching mail. I'm not sure how to
check whether my incoming mail is marked "new" (as opposed to just
"unread"), but even if I found out, it may be hard to find the rogue client.

* I tried the mail filters-log-actions and found I only get output when
manually applying filters.

(This is very old information so may not still be valid, but I'veĀ used
it in the past)

There are a couple of Gconf settings to enable filter logging:

/apps/evolution/mail/filters/log = { true | false }
/apps/evolution/mail/filters/logfile = "/path/to/logfile"

You need to used gconf-editor (or whatever it's called now -- I don't
use Gnome so I may be wrong) to set the first of these to True and the
second to the name of a log file. It shouldn't be necessary to restart
Evolution but it can't hurt. Let it run for a while and then look at
the log file to see if anything jumps out.

poc