Re: [Evolution] evolution in ubuntu

On Thu, 2017-12-28 at 11:46 +0100, Herr Oswald wrote:
Since then, evolution people seem not to have been
particularly eager to support evolution on the ubuntu platform.

I have no idea what "Evolution people to support Evolution on the
Ubuntu platform" means. It's up to each distribution to make sure that
shipped software integrates and works well on the distribution.
It's not the task of upstream "Evolution people" to support, maintain,
integrate Evolution into gazillions of distributions out there.

As a ubuntu user, I feel not getting the best user experience possible
with evolution. Still stuck with v 3.22.6, support not as friendly as
I'm used to, I'm feeling like a 2nd class user...

Feel free to ask Ubuntu to ship a more recent Evolution version.

Would the end of the year 2017 not be a good moment to forget about the
old dispute

I'm not aware of any dispute.
If there was one, feel free to provide pointers.

andre
--
Andre Klapper  |  ak-47 gmx net
http://blogs.gnome.org/aklapper/