Re: [Evolution] Evolution's "To Do" pane

On Thu, 2017-12-21 at 15:48 +0000, Pete Biggs wrote:
On Thu, 2017-12-21 at 07:15 -0800, Jonathan Ryshpan wrote:
I have just upgraded my system to Fedora-27, which has caused
Evolution to upgrade to 3.26.3 (3.26.3-1.fc27). Evolution now has a
"To Do" pane, which I don't want, since I use another program for
calendar and scheduling.

How can I remove the "To Do" pane?

View -> Layout -> Show To Do Bar

Thanks.  Exactly what's needed.  Some comments:
  1. The text of the View->Layout is confusing. The "To Do" bar is not a bar; it's a pane. Everything else in the Layout popup is in fact a bar.
  2. I decided to see what the other possible actions in the View->Layout popup do, and foolishly disabled the Menu Bar. It's not easy to get it back. The manual advises me to "Right click in Terminal and select Show Menubar". What is this Terminal? — It is possible to get the menubar back by holding down the ALT key, which makes the menu bar visible but not active; when ALT is released the menubar remains visible for a few seconds and becomes active. You can then select View->Layout and re-enable the menu bar. This is not intuitive; Evolution is intended to be an application and not a computer game.