Re: [Evolution] Save sent messages in a chosen folder

On Sat, 09 Dec 2017 13:49:41 -0500, david thekramers net wrote:
I'm looking to move away from Thunderbird, for performance reasons.
I'm involved in lots of groups, and like to keep all the emails for
those groups together, including the ones I send.  One of the features
I'm looking for is the ability to specify what folder to save an email
I am sending in, at composition time. Thunderbird has a plugin that
lets me do this. It defaults to one folder (Sent), but I can choose
via pulldown to save the sent email to the current folder, or any
other folder.

I don't really understand why this is not a popular thing for people
to want to do, but I don't hear others asking for it much. If you're
involved in 4 different groups, do you let all your sent mail go to
Sent no matter what the mail is about?  Doesn't that make it hard to
find conversations later?

Is there a way to do this in Evolution?

Evolution does provide incoming and outgoing filters, let alone

  Edit > Preferences > Composer Preferences > Send account

while I prefer Claws over Evolution, I'm missing several features for
Claws, that actually are provided by Evolution, e.g. something banal as
an outgoing filter.

Usually there a workarounds, for easy to use features provided by other
MUAs, what ever else MUA you are using.

Unless I shouldn't miss something, the outgoing filter provided by
Evolution, should do the job you are asking for.