[Evolution] Font rendering

Hi,

I always noticed that font rendering for Evolution email text differs
from the font rendering of other applications, what ever theme I chose.

Now I decided to use a theme with not completely black fonts, instead of
000000 the font colour is nearly black 202020.

My first thought was that there is an issue with the theme, that I did
not change all font colours from this theme with a default of 5A5A5A to
the wanted 202020, but seemingly I was mistaken. The fonts became
darker, but due to the broken font rendering they appear brighter and as
always for Evolution only, with unwanted colours caused by the
rendering.

https://github.com/horst3180/arc-theme/issues/406#issuecomment-322733208
https://github.com/horst3180/arc-theme/issues/406#issuecomment-323581648

This effect also happens when Adwaita is used. I already noticed it when
I used a CRT, but I migrated to a LCD and now it's much more worse.

How could I fix font rendering for Evolution?

Evolution preferences first were set to use the same fonts as other
applications, but since "other apps" sometimes actually use their own
fonts, I selected to chose "Monospace Regular 12" for "Fixed Width
Fonts", as used by other apps, but the rendering still differs.

$ cat .gtkrc-2.0 | grep -v "#"
[snip]
gtk-xft-antialias=1
gtk-xft-hinting=1