Re: [Evolution] How Best to Use Dark Theme

On Fri, 2017-08-04 at 17:49 -0400, Benjamin Selzer wrote:
Can I reactivate white background when composing in in HTML with dark
theme?

        Hi,
I'm not aware of anything. The option to Inherit theme colors in HTML
messages works for sending only. I do not count the option to open
WebKit console and change HTML attributes directly there, it really
doesn't scale. :)

If not, any plans to make this available?

Sure, ideally file a bug in GNOME bugzilla, thus it doesn't get
forgotten. I didn't notice any opened.

I think the best would be to let the "Inherit theme colors in HTML
format" influence the look in the composer too, thus it'll be closer to
WYSIWYG, rather than adding another (similar) option. It has its
downside too, for those whom "do not care" of the replied text not
being readable. Those might prefer divided options. Yet another option
would be to left the behavior as is for new messages, but use the white
background, like the preview panel, for reply/forward/edit-as-new/...
messages, in which case it'll not need any option. Such thing would
break the "Inherit theme color" option for those reply/forward/edit-as-
new/.. though.
        Thanks and bye,
        Milan