Re: [Evolution] using evolution with google suite?

Hi there;

thanks loads for your feedback.

Am Donnerstag, den 27.04.2017, 14:52 +0200 schrieb Milan Crha:

One thing, did you configure the account in Evolution or in GNOME
Online Accounts? I guess it was in Evolution, but just in case.

Yes, I tried this in evolution. Tried the same again in an older
(antergos, GNOME 3.22) live iso with evolution and with Online Accounts
in GNOME, just to be sure. Outcome:

- Even in the older version, in evolution the behaviour is the same -
there's an "error" message in the login window for a fraction of a
moment before the window turns all white. The error, though, seems not
caused by anything "local" - it rather looks like a server-sided error
message retrieved after submitting the password.

- Trying to register the account through Online Accounts, the window
turns simply white immediately after submitting the password.

I have played with server-sided stuff in the Google account, such as
allowing "less safe" applications and enabling IMAP in GMail, but I'm
unsure where the problem really is. I'll also bug the person in charge
of administrering the Google Suite subscription but I'm pretty clueless
by now... :/

Cheers,
Kristian