[Evolution] using evolution with google suite?

Folks;

in our company people are about to introduce Google Suite (paid GMail)
for business mail and calendaring communication. I do have an account
for one of these (with a mail address that is not gmail.com but actually
 @<our-company-tld>), and I am trying to connect evolution to this.

IMAP access is enabled in the Google Mail web application, however I
fail to connect evolution to that. After configuring the account, I am
prompted with that login window where I have to enter my gmail login
name and (in the next screen) my password. After entering my password, I
just see something like "an error has occured" in the web view for a
fraction of a second and then the web part of that login screen turns
white. I can't get that account online in evolution.

Any way to figure out what's wrong there? Any way to work around this?
evolution is 3.24.2 on arch.

TIA,
Kristian