Re: [Evolution] Failed to refresh folder

On Tue, 2017-04-25 at 13:00 -0700, Finns1000 wrote:
The reported error was "Error fetching message info: missing closing
')' on fetch response"

        Hi,
it means that the server returned requested information in a way which
evolution-data-server's IMAPx didn't expect. The parser is pretty
strict in this regard. Newer versions not that much on various places.
You can try to run evolution from a terminal like this:

   $ CAMEL_DEBUG=imapx:io evolution

which will log raw communication between the server and the client, for
all your enabled IMAP accounts (ideally have enabled only the one for
the citadel server) and then reproduce the issue. It should be visible
on the console what the server returned and from it what IMAPx code
didn't like on it. As I said, it's an error in expected data returned
from the server. It can be that Thunderbird uses different command, but
it's hard to tell from the currently known information.

Also, yours 3.18.5 is pretty old. I recall similar errors being fixed
in the current stable, 3.24.x, but again, hard to tell whether they
were the same issues as you face.
        Bye,
        Milan