Re: [Evolution] Address book pulls in only email addresses from google contacts

On Mon, 2017-04-10 at 16:32 +0800, John Edward Serink wrote:
Should I rebuild libgdata with 'vala' enabled?

        Hi,
no, that won't help. Vala support is for language bindings, thus
anything using Vala can access libgdata structures easily. That's not
the case of the evolution-data-server.

You can see what the Google server returns, which will also prove
whether my expectations are correct, by following these steps:
1) close evolution
2) close/kill evolution-addressbook-factory (ps ax | grep evolution)
3) go to ~/.cache/evolution/addressbook/ and delete there a subfolder
   which corresponds to your Google contacts. If unsure, then delete
   them all - the worst it will do is that it'll download everything
   again for all your remote address books.
4) open a terminal and issue these commands there:
   $ export G_MESSAGES_DEBUG=all
   $ export LIBGDATA_DEBUG=255
   $ /usr/libexec/evolution-addressbook-factory -w

   The actual path to evolution-addressbook-factory can differ in your
   distribution.
5) wait a bit, thus D-Bus will have registered this addressbook factory
6) run evolution, move to contacts and select the Google address book

Shortly after the book is selected the evolution-addressbook-factory
will have new debug information printed, some prefixed with libgdata.
Those will show what was received from the server. Evolution shows all
it can read, and my own addressbook on the Google server provides
definitely more than just email address.

        Hope it helps,
        Milan