Re: [Evolution] Address book pulls in only email addresses from google contacts

On Mon, 2017-04-10 at 14:59 +0800, John Edward Serink wrote:
How do I configure it as a 'google type' verses another type?

        Hi,
if you select that book in the Contacts view and right-click and pick
Properties from there, it shows "Type: Google", or instead of Google it
shows your email address, right?

I still do not know how you've configured it now. Was it through GNOME
Online Accounts, where you picked Google account and there enabled the
Contacts part?

Your issue would make more sense with Exchange Web Services (EWS),
which allows two different methods of  accessing Global Address List,
where one shows only email address (also depending on server side
settings) and the other one shows as much detailed information as it
can. But this is EWS, not Google.

Evolution uses libgdata to access Google address books. Google
advertises also WebDAV (CardDAV) entry point, but Evolution cannot do
OAuth authentication for WebDAV (as of 3.24.x, the next 3.26.x will be
able to use OAuth also for WebDAV, most likely), thus it's not an
option as of now.

I mean, if you truly have a Google address book, then I'm not aware of
any Evolution-side setting which would make a difference in what
information is shown for downloaded contacts.
        Bye,
        Milan