Re: [Evolution] More on Crashes

On Mon, 2016-09-12 at 18:26 -0700, Jonathan Ryshpan wrote:
Since I posted the bug, a little more than a month ago, there has
been no activity on it (except my own futile attempts to track it
down).

        Hi,
that's a pita that the gtk+ developers "don't have time" to investigate
the cause. They probably deal with more important stuff.

I will soon have to give up on Evolution, since it crashes many times
a day

Weird you do not face similar crashes elsewhere too, when using
scrollbars. Do you use overlay scrollbars, or you have that turned off
(overlay scrollbars are those which are shown only when the mouse is
above the widget they belong to). The overlay scrollbars can be turned
off when you export GTK_OVERLAY_SCROLLING=0 before running the
application from the same terminal.

Can anyone recommend another mail reader?  Kmail perhaps?  Or
Thunderbird, which now supports maildir to some extent?

Heh, that's a good question for a mailing list which is to support the
Evolution. :-)

        Bye,
        Milan