[Evolution] Evolution and PDF attachments behavior

Hi,

I switched from Thunderbird to Evolution (Ubuntu 16.04 - Evolution 3.18.5.2).
It works great and just does what I need but not when PDFs are attached to mail.

This happens:
- The PDFs that came over from all converted Thunderbird mail folder work  (the PDF is attached and can be saved or shown with a PDF reader).
- Receiving mail with PDF attachment from somebody works (the PDF is attached and can be saved or shown with a PDF reader).
- When I send a message to myself (gmail /IMAP) with PDF attachment and:
- Open it on my phone the message shows the PDF as attachment and I can open it.
- After opening it on my phone open it in Evolution, inbox, it shows a PDF attachment and I can read it.
  - When I send a message to myself (gmail /IMAP) with PDF attachment and:
- View the mail when it arrives after a couple of seconds in Evolution, there is no attachment (Evolution does not show the attachment icon).
- When I open the mail the message text is not displayed but I get something like this: --=-j24mMlS90KBqBPE8CB7c--
- When I open the mail on my phone I get text message text and a PDF as attachment.

Short:
When I send myself a mail, gmail, with PDF attachment, Evolution loses the mail text and PDF attachment and replaces everything with garbage.

Has somebody seen this?
Is there a solution?
Hints?

many thanks in advance,

Marc
--

Please do not print this e-mail unless you really need to.

This email and any attachments are intended for the sole use of the named recipient(s) and contain(s) confidential information
that may be proprietary, privileged or copyrighted under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, do not read, copy,
or forward this email message or any attachments. Delete this email message and any attachments immediately.