Re: [Evolution] Giving up (calendar problems)

On Sat, 2016-09-03 at 23:08 +0100, Pete Biggs wrote:

I agree, but I will not spend the time on this. I didn't use GOA
for
other applications.
So turning over to Thunderbird will get me off the problem.

You don't need to use GOA for Google calendars on Fedora 24,
Evolution
will use OAuth2 natively from 3.20 (as has been said on this list
previously). I don't use GOA for anything anymore, but still happily
interact with my Google accounts in Evolution.

You are absolutely at liberty to use whatever client you want, and TB
is a perfectly acceptable alternative.  But please, don't swap purely
because of that reason. And what's more, I don't want this thread to
remain on the mailing list archives in a state that implies that
Evolution can't deal with OAuth2.

P.
I didn't recognize this message. Sorry!
I did set up Evo without GOA. It seems to work.
I just can't see that OAuth2 has been set, but I guess it wont show
it...
thanks

--
Rudolf Künzli - rudolf kunzli gmail com