Re: [Evolution] Newbie-questions

On Fri, 2016-10-28 at 10:06 +0100, James Freer wrote:
Thanks folks - I'll use the provided backup feature. The way Evolution
stores data is fine but i was unsure. It's similar to TB. Sylpheed
makes life easy as it stores mailboxes for each email address in a
named directory but Sypheed doesn't cope with reading html so well
which is why I have changed to Evolution.

The "backup" in Evolution is just a tar file. It copies all of your
data every time. That's why it's not suitable for daily backups.

One thing I have noticed is that whilst in evolution if I click on a
link it invokes the Firefox browser rather than Chromium (set as
default). There's a setting somewhere that i have missed.

Not an Evolution problem. Consult your desktop documentation. You might
find it useful to run xdg-settings (from the command line) to see how
you're set up.

poc