Re: [Evolution] Offline Messages Age in IMAP

On Sun, 2016-10-23 at 23:41 +0400, Emre Erenoglu wrote:
Hi,

I have an IMAP server which I use for archiving purposes. It has folders
for each year. In Windows, I set Outlook and Thunderbird to synchronize
last 1 year of emails locally, so that I can access them while I'm
travelling/disconnected, etc. (ie in the office, not having access to the
archive server at home).

I can see in Evolution 3.22.2 that there's an option to "synchronize email
locally for offline operation" and folder settings which states "copy
folder content for offline operation", but I cannot find the setting to
limit the age of synced items. (I do not need 3-4 years of offline data,
last 1 year is sufficient).

Am I missing something or is this a new feature that's not implemented?

There is no such feature (other than manually deleting old archives of
course).

PS. Likewise, I wonder how Gmail is handled in Evolution in offline mode,
since it can have Gigabytes of data.

Just the same as any other mail provider. You can of course limit the
offline mode to selected folders (Gmail labels). Possibly you could
define a Gmail label based on dates (using Gmail's webmail interface)
and use the offline synch, but I haven't tried that.

poc