Re: [Evolution] evolution 3.20.5 fails again with lockup on opening "Generating message list"

Thank you.  Your suggestion has been tried several times when the first failure occurred on 6 October and again when the the second failure occurred yesterday (20 October).

John

-----Original Message-----
From: Andre Klapper <ak-47 gmx net>
Subject: Re: [Evolution] evolution 3.20.5 fails again with lockup on opening "Generating message list"
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2016 16:43:10 +0200

On Fri, 2016-10-21 at 09:53 -0400, Dr. John H. Lauterbach wrote:
The question I have is how to cleanly get out of the problem without having to rename ~/.local/share/evolution/mail to (for example) ~/.local/share/evolution/mail.bad, restarting evolution and then moving all the folders under ~/.local/share/evolution/mail.bad/local into the new ~/.local/share/evolution/mail/local.
To get out of the problem, I 1. (Forcibly) Close Evolution. 2. Start Evolution. 3. If the problem happens again, I perform steps 1 and 2. Does that not work for you? Cheers, andre