Re: [Evolution] No spam filter in Evolution even though both spamassassin and bogofilter are installed

On Sun, 2016-10-16 at 20:33 +0200, Steffen Winkler wrote:
Am Sonntag, den 16.10.2016, 20:12 +0200 schrieb Ralf Mardorf:

On Sun, 16 Oct 2016 19:02:49 +0200, Steffen Winkler wrote:

As for bogofilter: It works without any problems. No bugs or
anything,
just has a lousy spam detection rate.

Bogofilter works perfect for me. It detects nearly all spam and there
are nearly no false positives. The very first training period was
short, even with spam detection features, provided by ISPs disabled.
Spamassassin does use RBLs, so it might require no first training,
but
OTOH RBLs and additional features not provided by bogofilter, could
lead
to more false positives.

I guess bogofilter is better to filter to an individual user's needs,
while spamassassin has got advantages for mail servers that deliver
many users.

Regards,
Ralf

Ah, sorry. I didn't mean it like bogofilter was bad or anything. It's
just that I told both tools to filter a bunch of emails and spam
assassin moved some to my spam folder while bogofilter didn't.

I think that maybe bogofilter worked the entire time but I just didn't
saw it because it never moved anything into the junkfolder and I didn't
saw a bogofilter process appearing. Where spamasassin has it's sa-learn
and spamd process that pop up when you teach it something or tell it to
filter through emails.

I worded that completely wrong, I apologize.

As Ralf mentioned, SA is generally used on mail servers and Bogofilter
on clients. Evo does support either, but I've never heard of anyone
using both at once. Presumably you don't see Bogofilter doing anything
because SA has already disposed of the spam, but that's just a guess.

poc