Re: [Evolution] Signature placed in wrong position

On Sun, 2016-10-09 at 12:10 +0300, Prometheus wrote:
Hi again,

my signature looks like:

And because you have put text after the sig separator, Evolution won't
let me quote it (because everything after a sig separator is junk,
isn't it).

So I'll have to cut and paste it.

=========

Hi again,

my signature looks like:

--
------------------------------------
xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I tried to place it after like: and evolution put it on the top of the
e-mail at the second line.
=========

So did you move it manually? 'cos it sure isn't where you said it is.
Two things, you can't "place" the signature where you want - whatever
signature you select is placed at the end of the email - it isn't
inserted at the cursor position at the time you select the sig. Second,
this is not normal behaviour - Evolution just doesn't do what you say
it does, so it must be something in your configuration that's doing it.

Am I correct in saying that you have checked that "Preferences ->
Composer Preferences -> Keep signature above original message" is not
enabled. And that you aren't using an external editor?

Can I suggest that you create a new Linux user that has a completely
clean configuration, then as that user try composing a message with a
signature - you may have to set up a mail account to be able to compose
an email. Does the signature behave as expected on that user?

P.