Re: [Evolution] Cannot Authenticate Gmail address book

On Fri, 2016-09-30 at 14:12 -0500, Alfredo C. Harvey wrote:
When starting Evolution, I am asked to authenticate.
My email address shows up in the box.
I write down the pwd set at Gmail and, nothing happens

        Hi,
what do you expect to happen? I mean, if you enter the Contacts view
and select the Gmail address book, will the contacts be shown, or it'll
show an error at the top instead?

As you mentioned an upgrade from Fedora 23 (evolution 3.18.5) to
Fedora 24 (evolution 3.20.5), a natural question is: where did you
configure the Gmail address book? Was it directly in the evolution, or
in the GNOME Online Accounts? The former may not work, because plain
password login method had been disabled by the Gmail server some time
ago, while the later uses OAuth2, which is the only way to get to the
contacts.

There had been plenty of threads opened about this issue on this list
in the time when Google made that decision.
        Bye,
        Milan