Re: [Evolution] Evolution contacts address book not opening

On Mon, 2016-11-07 at 11:20 -0800, Joseph Lee Nunn III wrote:
Detailed error message: Unable to connect to 'Google Contacts':
Backend factory for source '1478199275.7442.2@myserver' and extension
'Address Book' cannot be found.

        Hi,
I didn't see any such error myself, either at all, or just for so long.

Could you find a file 1478199275.7442.2@myserver.source, which is
located either in ~/.config/evolution/sources/ or
~/.cache/evolution/sources/, and remove from it any private
information, then share it here, please? I'm wondering what is written
there.

Also, could you paste an output of:

   $ ls /usr/lib64/evolution-data-server/addressbook-backends/

The actual path can differ on your system, like not being 'lib64', but
only 'lib', or such. The important part is the listing of the
addressbook-backends folder.

The both will show whether there is anything broken.

You can also try to run the addressbook factory from a terminal, then
run evolution and then try to open the 'Google Contacts' address book,
where the address book factory console can give some more details.
Maybe. The command to run it is (similar note about actual path on your
system like above applies here too):

   $ /usr/libexec/evolution-addressbook-factory -w

Wait for few seconds before you run the evolution, thus the D-Bus has
some time to register the interface which the factory exposes.
        Bye,
        Milan