Re: [Evolution] Remove attachments

Hi,
Il giorno ven, 20/05/2016 alle 09.14 +0200, Milan Crha ha scritto:
On Fri, 2016-05-20 at 08:33 +0200, Andrea Vai wrote:
Didn't found anything in the list nor in bugzilla, so is there
anything I can do to track the problem down, before maybe file a
new
bug?

      Hi,
see the message source (CTRL+U) and check the message structure. Any
Content-Type, Content-Disposition headers denote separate parts. The
Content-Disposition may also contain "attachment", to denote that
the
part is actually an attachment.

If I click on ctrl+U then evo hangs for many minutes waiting for the
source to be shown, and finally I have to kill it (worth try to
undersand what happens here, too? The message is 22MB large; opening a
5MB message waits for some time but finally succeed). Then I found the
message in the filesystem structure, and grep -C 5 Content-Disposition
shows:

div>=
an><=

--Apple-Mail=_DD437C6A-1E9D-46CF-8671-74EB65D8BEEA

JVBERi0xLjMKJcTl8uXrp/Og0MTGCjQgMCBvYmoKPDwgL0xlbmd0aCA1IDAgUiAvRmlsdG
VyIC9G
bGF0ZURlY29kZSA+PgpzdHJlYW0KeAGd3V1zbct13vd7fArEihlSCjcXFrCwgFxGSaWcKz
tilS/C

Does this mean that it's not "actually an attachment"? So evo cannot
handle it? Or, is there any other way to remove it?

As a wild guess, do you try to remove an attachment from a signed or
encrypted message?

I would say no, as far as I can know, because I cannot see any "sign"
icon under the message body... and also in the source message I can
read the message body clearly (sorry, don't know if this is enough to
say the message it's not signed)

Thank you very much,
Andrea

 Especially the later might not work, because it
would decrypt it. With the signed messages, the signature would be
invalidated by the attachment removal, notably when also the
attachments are signed.
      Bye,
      Milan