Re: [Evolution] User point of view on the attachment bar?

On Wed, 2016-05-18 at 11:03 -0400, Adam Tauno Williams wrote:
On Wed, 2016-05-18 at 15:33 +0200, Andrea Vai wrote:
...the "Save all" button...

+1

        Hi,
having there [*] only a summary of the attachments with the Save All
button is easy, the problematic part is the icon/list view and the
functionality on top of it, like the drag&drop. Thus, I think there is
no problem to have there [*] shown only that line, unless people will
be confused that they cannot expand it any more. The line would be:

   Message contains 2 attachments (13,0 KB) [ Save All ]

with compare of current:

   [>] 2 Attachments (13,0 KB) [ Save All ]

where the [>] is meant as the expander icon, which can be clicked.

[*] 'there' as 'between the headers and the message body'

I use the bar to drag-n-drop multiple attachments out of
the message - it would be sad to see that go away.

Okay. Would the reposition to the bottom of the preview be a problem?
Together with consolidating all the attachments (aka also attachments
of attached messages)?

However the bar has been buggy for as long as I can remember; once I
start dragging all the icons disappear and I have to close/open the
bar to see them again.  But the operation works.

It's due to the gtk+ widget being part of the WebKit view. As the
WebKit2 doesn't allow it, the bug will be cured as a side effect of
the port.

        Thanks and bye,
        Milan