Re: [Evolution] User point of view on the attachment bar?

On Wed, 2016-05-18 at 14:28 +0100, Pete Biggs wrote:
That said, if I put my mind to it, I could easily switch to using the
top attachment bar! It is a more consistent way of dealing with
attachments in the context of Gnome.

        Hi,
I guess it's a typo, because the idea is to move the top attachment bar
elsewhere, probably below the message and all its attachments, always
visible, collapsed by default.

As a slightly different approach, is it possible to use the grey
space to the right of the headers - it's usually at least 4 lines
high and most of the time is unused. If you can fit it in one line
height, then the "From:" line is usually very short.  This would get
around the issue of using up space within the message pane.

That all is part of the web page, thus pretty hard to use it for the
gtk+ widget itself in the webkit2 port. There is a bug about missing
remote content notification using too much vertical space, where was
given the idea of using this right-top part beside headers too. It's
currently used for the sender photo, either from the face header, or
from an address book. This thing will need more thinking, and I'd
rather not diverge this thread too much.
        Thanks and bye,
        Milan