Re: [Evolution] Ordering of folders when filtering

Given folders x,y and z, when a rule moves a message from x to z it
will presumably meet the very same message it moved when it filters the
z folder. Is it ignored or processed again?

First off, in general I only run filters on the INBOX of my mail
accounts.  If you have lots of folders, then running filters on all
folders could, potentially, be a lengthy process.

If it is processed, how can one be sure the filter will process folder
x first and not z (in which case the message will be only seen by the
filter once)

The filters are only run on "new" messages - it may be that once a
message is moved as part of the filtering process, it has been "seen"
and so is no longer "new" and filters won't be applied to that message.
I'm afraid that will need some testing as I think some of what
determines the newness of a message is down to the server.

You should also be aware that some client side properties of a message
don't survive a move - things like colour or labels; although flags,
since they are server side, do survive.

P.