Re: [Evolution] SSL cert problems after server move

Hi,

On 2016-03-07 09:30, Milan Crha wrote:
On Mon, 2016-03-07 at 01:32 +0000, Denny wrote:
When I fired Evolution back up after completing all the transfers, I got  a message for each account asking me to accept new SSL certificates, but
unexpectedly the Evolution messages give the old server name,

I do not see this. For me, the certificate trust prompt shows a
certificate issued for fugu.fairhosting.co.uk  [...]

Can it be that you have cached the DNS resolution in the system, or
overwritten in /etc/hosts [...]

Well that's embarrassing. Yes, I had apparently left a line in /etc/hosts from when I was setting up the old server a few years ago.

I did check the DNS with nslookup quite early in my diagnosis process here, but obviously that doesn't use /etc/hosts entries to find its data, so I'd given myself the false impression that the problem wasn't with the DNS stage.

Thank you very much for your help.

Regards,
Denny