Re: [Evolution] How to deal with S/MIME signature where address differs from from address

the signature doesn't have much to do with the message headers, not
with the From; evo shows at the very bottom who signed it.
Thinking about it, I find this strange, and actually would like to be
notified if the signature address differs from the From address.

Maybe I do not understand the idea behind it, so I wanted to ask again
for the reasoning behind the current implementation.

S/MIME certificates can be created by anyone for any email address and
the public key for the certificate is included with every message.  As
such they are not designed to, and can not, verify the sender. The
sender, if they so wish can create a new certificate for every email
they send.  In fact in Evolution I can select any S/MIME certificate
with any email address (and I have a few) to sign a message, the email
addresses don't have to match up - it's usual that they do match, but
they don't have to.

S/MIME certificates are designed for encryption and to verify that the
contents of a message haven't been altered in transmission.

P.