Re: [Evolution] Cannot add an appointment to my calendar

On Wed, 2016-06-01 at 10:05 +0200, Rudolf Künzli wrote:
I have the same problem from time to time.
My calendar is on Google.
I usually did a Reboot of the system and it did work then...
Naturally this is not the solution

I have also seen this occasionally - on CalDAV calendars.  I
**suspect** it has something to do with Evolution thinking it is
offline, or the calendar is unreachable, or something like that.  Once
it believes that it seems to get stuck in that belief - but I cannot
make it happen consistently enough for it to be reproducible.

Rather than reboot I exit Evolution an kill the evolution-calendar
-factory-subprocess processes.  Start evolution and it is good to go,
again.

I have NO IDEA why that would ever happen on the 'default' local
calendar - which I believe is what the original poster is describing.

--
Adam Tauno Williams <mailto:awilliam whitemice org> GPG D95ED383
OpenGroupware Developer <http://www.opengroupware.us/>