Re: [Evolution] [Fwd: You have been unsubscribed from the evolution-list mailing list]

On Fri, 2016-07-29 at 06:32 +0100, Steve T wrote:
On Thu, 2016-07-28 at 22:10 +0100, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:

On Thu, 2016-07-28 at 17:43 +0100, Steve T wrote:

-------- Forwarded Message --------
From: evolution-list-bounces gnome org
To: stevetucknott yahoo co uk
list
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2016 16:26:29 +0000

Bye!

Received the above 'unsubscribed' message again today. I have had
EMails from the Evolution list over the past few days, so I'm not
sure
the 'bounces' reason follows.

Kind regards,

Steve T

PS I've resubscribed to send this

What was the last message you received from the list before this
happened, and when did you receive it?

poc
Patrick,
The last two mails were from yourself in reply to my posts with regard
to the previous unsubscription issue. The two messages are dated/timed
yesterday at 10:39 and 10:41.
Steve T

The Mailman bounce engine accumulates a score against possible problem
addresses, and when it reaches a threshold it does the auto-
unsubscribe. Currently the threshold is 3.0, and scores can be either
0.5 (soft bounces, e.g. mailbox full) or 1 (hard bounces, e.g. user
unknown). Scores accumulate only once per day, no matter how many
bounces are detected, so even in the worst case it should take 3 days
for this to happen. However non-bouncing messages don't immediately
reset the score. Instead a tunable interval (currently 7 days) has to
go by with no further bounces, after which the score is regard as stale
and reset to 0. To put it another way: if you consistently get bounces
more often than once a week, you will eventually hit the threshold.

Obviously we can tweak these numbers (e.g. raise the threshold and
lower the freshness interval), but I'd like to understand what's going
on because in all likelihood it's going to keep happening, just less
often.

poc