[Evolution] Access Microsoft Exchange Server mailboxes with Evolution

Dear Exchange insiders (if there are any),

due to the fact that we've had a lot of versions of the Microsoft Exchange Server since June 1996 I pretty lost the overview. So sorry for HTML but didn't know how to fiddle in lines and columns in a text-mail ...

As we have nice overviews, e.g.
https://wiki.gnome.org/Apps/Evolution/EWS_OperationsFeaturesParityMatrix
was there anything like that, with the preferred access method to the servers, maybe like the following one:
Exchange version Plugin (or how should one call it to cover all methods ?)
4.0

5.0

5.5 Will Evolution connect to servers older than that (if we find any ;-))
2000 (6.0) AFAIK, connection via Evolution first started here, with s proprietary Plug-in? OWA ?
2003 (6.5) something with OWA in its name ? Same as Evolution Exchange ? Or two different things ?
2007 (8.x) MAPI ? called evolution-mapi ? Exchange Web Services ? called Evolution EWS ?
2010 (14.x) Exchange Web Services ? called Evolution EWS ? Since 2007 and still up to date ?
2013 (15.0)

2016 (15.1) MAPI obsolete ?

How finds the time to complete with me this table ? Maybe with Evolution version numbers and exact name of the plugin packages needed ?

Best,
--
Tom <tom prost-net de>
ProstNet - Tom