Re: [Evolution] Feature request: Signatures without '--'

I would like to place a feature request regarding signatures in
evolution:

OK, I'll bite ...

I find those preceeding "--" before signatures in e-mails very
disturbing.

It's actually "-- \n"

Most signatures start with phrases like "With kind regards, ....".
Having "--" just disturb the reading of that text because for your eyes
it says: "Now something completely different begins".
I even never have seen any e-mail-client doing such a "weird" thing.

The "-- " signature separator is a convention to allow mail programs to
know where a signature block starts so that it can be treated
differently. Many mail clients know about it, although not many do the
correct thing and put it in by default.

The signature block is not meant to be used for your ending salutation,
it is meant to contain contact information and that sort of thing.  As
such, it is largely superfluous information and so anything after the
"-- \n" is removed when replying. That is the purpose of the signature
separator.

My action for exactly EVERY mail I write with evolution is: delete
those annoying "--"... ☹

They are not annoying.  It serves a purpose. Just because other mail
programs don't try and adhere to conventions, doesn't mean that
Evolution should abandon it as well.

So I would like to suppose to remove those "--" before signatures in
some kind.

No. Lets not.

P.