Re: [Evolution] Evolution is not communicating with the Gnome Keyring

On Mon, 2016-07-04 at 08:58 -0700, Jonathan Ryshpan wrote:
Stopping evolution, using seahorse to delete current entries for
"Default Keyring" and restarting evolution made the problem go away
(at least so far).
Any idea why it worked?  I believe the passwords in the keyring were
correct, but the evidence is now lost.

        Hi,
the passwords in the keyring were correct, at least as I understood
your initial email, because you entered only your login password, not
the passwords for the respective accounts.

The thing is that the keyring is locked by default. The user needs to
unlock it to give access for the applications to it. The GNOME keyring
asks for the _keyring password_ when an application asks for a password
in that keyring and that keyring is locked. The application happens to
be the Evolution in this case. Usually, the default keyring is unlocked
after login automatically, especially when it is locked with the same
password as the user's password for the login (it has something to do
with PAM or such, I do not recall precisely, I'm sorry).

There could happen that the user had configured two keyrings, one
called Default, another called Login. Only one of them had been
unlocked after login and it happened that it wasn't the Default
keyring. How that could happen I also do not know, maybe something
between system upgrades. I also thought that this issue is fixed,
because it had been "actual" years ago.
        Bye,
        Milan