Re: [Evolution] Comparison of Evolution to Thunderbird

On Sun, 31 Jan 2016 15:27:12 +0200, Mark Elkins wrote:
The primary reason is that I am getting a fair number of messages in
French and my French is not good. Up until now, I have been
copy'n'pasting the messages into translate.google.com - which is a bit
clumsy and means changing screens - etc. Now, I highlight the French
Text and click translate. This saves me time.

Perhaps the filter option "Pipe to Program" or the plugin "External
Editor" could help to use a script similar to
http://hackerspace.kinja.com/highlight-and-google-translate-any-text-in-linux-1648824665 [1] ,
not necessarily by using a notification thingy.
Perhaps an external editor already provides it, so you even might not
need a script. I suspect nearly all Linux MUAs, if not all, allow to
use, resp. include external programs or scripts. Regarding this I'm not
familiar with Evolution. However, at least Claws and Evolution provide
it, but I can't explain what exactly you need to do.

[1]
#!/usr/bin/env bash

notify-send -u critical "$(xsel -o)" "$(wget -U "Mozilla/5.0" -qO -
"http://translate.google.com/translate_a/t?client=t&text=$(xsel -o | sed "s/[\"'<>]//g")&sl=auto&tl=eng" |