Re: [Evolution] Send account overrides

On Mon, 2016-01-25 at 16:37 +0100, Andre Klapper wrote:
On Mon, 2016-01-25 at 12:11 +0100, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
1. The composer preferences "Send account overrides" does only work
for replies, not if you compose a new mail.

No.
(But what I really want to express: Steps to reproduce and version
information would be extremely welcome.)

Evo 3.18.4, POP accounts

Push the "New" button. It doesn't matter what folder is selected, if all
available folders have "None" "Send Account override", because there's
no individual folder for e.g. the Evo mailing list.

IOW the new message is opened with the default account, that is not
equal to the composer preferences "Send account overrides" for the Evo
mailing list.

If I type evolution-list gnome org into the "To" box, the new mail stays
with the default account, it does not switch to the account selected by
composer preferences "Send account overrides" for this mailing list.

I don't claim that this is a bug, I just want to inform, that it could
be an issue for this kind of usage.

2. You might have noticed that from time to time Evo newbies can't
find
their mails, because the "Show" selection box by accident isn't set
"All Messages". That's not an issue for me, but sometimes it happens
me, that by the composer's "From" selection box unintended a wrong
account is selected and I don't notice it. I suspect this happens by
accident, perhaps by using the mouse wheel, while the mouse pointer
is
above the selection box.

The "From" of a new message is based on which folder you're in but you
did not say if you experience the problem with new messages or