Re: [Evolution] "Print selected text" option

On Mon, 2016-01-18 at 08:37 +0100, Andrea Vai wrote:
Hi,
Il giorno ven, 15/01/2016 alle 06.09 -0500, Adam Tauno Williams ha scritto:
On Fri, 2016-01-15 at 11:18 +0100, Andrea Vai wrote:
.0 does not offer an option to print only the selected
text of an e-mail. Is it a bug, or a missing feature, or a
feature
implemented in a more recent versi

I do not recall ever hearing of such a feature.
Well, several software have such a feature (on various platforms),
such as MS Office, LibreOffice, Firefox, and many others... see for
example [1]

I think Adam was meaning in the context of Evolution.

Besides, none of those you have listed are mail platforms - indeed
Outlook (which as you know is part of MS Office) doesn't have an option
to only print highlighted text.

If I just need a quote from a message I copy-n-paste it to GEdit and
then print.
Yes, that's what I am currently doing in evo, but that feature would
save me (and other users) some time :-)

If you think that it should be a supported feature, then the best way
to get it on the developers radar is to file a feature request in
bugzilla for it.  If you do, then please reply to this thread with the
bug number so that others can find it when searching.

BTW, I had a quick look to see if there was an outstanding request for
it (I didn't find anything), but I did see other Gnome components that
requested it in the past and it looks like it was impossible to do
because it was blocked by a GTK bug.  That may have gone away now, but
be prepared to be told that it can't currently be done.

P.