Re: [Evolution] Switching to browser?

On Tue, 2016-01-12 at 17:04 -0500, George Reeke wrote:
On Tue, 2016-01-12 at 15:00 -0600, Leonard Evens wrote:
When reading my mail in evolution, I often click on a web link in the
message,  A tab is opened in my running browser in another window.  The
system switches me to the browser, but on another machine, I have
managed to avoid that switch.  I would like to set things up the  same
way on this machine but I can't figure out how to do it.  As things now
stand, I have to switch back to evolution each time to finish reading my
mail.

Can anyone help me?

In RedHat Linux, gnome window system, in the System->Preferences menu,
there is an item Windows and in that popup dialog there is a check box
"Select windows when the mouse moves over them".  If you check that,
then when you move the mouse from the browser back to evolution,
you will be in evolution with the browser still running.

Where do I find System>Preferences?

Also, I think perhaps I didn't explain what I wanted.  Now when I click
on a link in a mail message, I get put in a new tab in my browser, which
is on a different page.  When I go back to the page containing
evolution, it is still running.  I would like to suppress the switch
from evolution to the browser.  I would prefer looking at the link in
the browser after I  have finished reading my mail.  I managed somehow
to get things to work that way on another machine, but I don't remember
how I did it
George Reeke