Re: [Evolution] Ordering in the Show pop-up menu

On Mon, 2016-01-11 at 19:25 +0100, Milan Crha wrote:
On Wed, 2015-12-16 at 17:22 +0000, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:

I'm sure other people have different opinions about this, but I
thought I'd just throw it out there.

      Hi,
would it make it better to have all those "static" options at the top
and the list of labels at the very bottom of the combo box?

That could work.

I think it's not a big deal for the users, especially when it'll make
things easier for them, once they "learn" the changed order. The
labels might be as in a sub-level as well, to not have too long
initial drop down.

Fine by me but I don't really use labels much so better ask people who
do use them what they think about it.

Neither of these would always help with the scrolling option, the
decision whether to scroll or not is made by the gtk+ itself, it's
completely out of the evolution hands.

Understood.

Another solution would be to have keyboard shortcuts for the common
cases, such as All, Last 5 days, Important and Unread. The challenge of
course would be to come up with suitable shortcuts. Even a toggle that
turns New on and off would be a big improvement.

A feature request in the GNOME bugzilla against evolution will help
to not forget of this.

I'll do that. I have a few other ideas I'll write up as well.

poc