Re: [Evolution] Templates Help

On Thu, 2016-01-07 at 15:14 +0000, Rob Hall wrote:
set the To field to $ORIG[to], CC set to $ORIG[cc] and Subject set to
Re: $ORIG[subject]. To and subject work fine but CC is always blank
despite CC being set in the original mail? Am I missing something or
is this a bug?

        Hi,
it's kind of the way it works. The To field is filled from the source
message (the one you used the template on), it's either the Reply-To or
the From header.

The Cc/Bcc headers are copied verbatim from the template, thus you can
write there some people you always want to have in Cc/Bcc when using
such template. There is done no replacement in these headers.
Furthermore, when I check the saved template it has the $ORIG[xx] in
the To/Cc headers gone anyway. I suppose it's due to the fact that
those values are not real email addresses.

You can always file an enhancement request for a different way of
dealing with the To/Cc/Bcc headers for the template plugin in the
evolution, but I'm currently not sure how to work with that address
striping (removal of $ORIG[xx] from the To/Cc headers on the message
save).
        Bye,
        Milan