[Evolution] Evolution 3.10 Frozen

Linux Mint 17.3 Cinnamon 2.8.6 64-bit
Microsoft Free.

I started with a mess that progressively went from bad to worse probably due to newbie OP.

In Evolution Calendar, I removed (deleted) old appointments. All were successful except for the last two which is when Evolution froze locking the remaining two appointments. Forced reboot.

Having made a backup of Evolution, I tried to unsuccessfully reinstall.

Switching to Tasks, I unsuccessfully tried to delete old tasks. Same result as in Calendar.

Next I tried to Purge. No luck.

Went to Synaptic Program Manager and tried to uninstall and reinstall Evolution. After reboot, called up Evolution. No change.

Tried again to uninstall. Success but when I tried to install the same problems are shown both in Calendar and Tasks.

Bright side: I made a paper copy so haven't lost anything.

On the other hand, I'm losing my mind so I'm here.

I've noticed other contributors are using 3.18. It's not listed in the repositories I have.

Gene
pequod isp com