Re: [Evolution] [ews] Global Adress List does not include image information

On Thu, Aug 25, 2016 at 4:17 PM, Milan Crha <mcrha redhat com> wrote:
On Thu, 2016-08-25 at 15:42 +0300, Robert Munteanu wrote:
Navigating to Contacts → 'My EWS account' → Offline Global Address
List I can see that contacts don't have images attached.

Is this expected? Is there another way of making contact images
available for EWS contacts?

        Hi,
if there is no image in the Contacts view, then there is no image also
in the message body for that sender. Does the Outlook Web Access (OWA)
show a photo for the contact from the Global Address List (GAL)?
Dealing with contact pictures from user's address books and from a GAL
is a very different story, not talking about the offline GAL as a
special case.

If I navigate to
https://outlook.office.com/owa/?realm=XXX&path=/people, then expand
the 'Directory' chevron and go to 'Offline Address Book', the people
entries have pictures.

By the way, I was told that the outlook.com doesn't support EWS, it's
only the office365.com, which does support EWS. Unless anything changed
recently.

I may have been inaccurate, I mentioned outlook.com as I log on via
outlook.com/XXX , but the EWS host url is
https://outlook.office365.com/EWS/Exchange.asmx, so this is
office365.com based.

Thanks,

Robert