Re: [Evolution] Restored html-emails formatting

On Wed, 2016-08-24 at 19:47 -0700, theapplepie differentmail com wrote:
Is this how it should behave or can I get back to
old behaviour of restoring the formatting when switching back to html
in an email?

        Hi,
it's intentional. The difference is that the previous versions used
GtkHTML editor, while there's used WebKit editor now. The later doesn't
keep both versions, hence the question about losing formatting. You can
re-enable the question by running this command:

   $ gsettings set org.gnome.evolution.mail prompt-on-composer-mode-switch true

It doesn't have a corresponding checkbox in the Preferences.

Alternatively, use Edit->Preferences->Composer Preferences->[x] Format
messages in HTML, before editing the message and uncheck it again
afterwards (too much work, from my point of view).

With respect of the "Edit as new", I do not know how exactly you use
that, but using reply keeps threading intact, which is good for
history, which some people care of. You can choose a reply style in the
Composer Preferences. Again, I do not know your workflow, thus just
mentioning.
        Bye,
        Milan