Re: [Evolution] Endless "Empty cache file" errors

On Thu, 2016-08-11 at 20:03 +0300, Robert Munteanu wrote:
I am no longer able to reproduce the bug, since this bug motivated me
to finally implement mail filtering server-side using sieve and I
gave up the evolution filters.

I have no filtering rules on my system and see it all the time.  I do
have Junk filtering enabled, using bogofilter, though... that seems to
be sufficient to trigger the bug.  It may be enough to just enable it
on your existing account.

I'm out on vacation starting Friday so it's unlikely I'll have any free
time to do some debugging before then (as typical, you have to work
twice as much as normal to get ready for vacation :)).

I do want to make something clear: the issue I'm talking about is when
you get a blue error bar above the message list and preview (I use
side-by-side mode).  There's no problem viewing messages: it appears
just fine.  It's just there is very commonly an error bar.  There's no
need to restart Evo or anything to see messages, and clicking the "X"
in the upper right corner will dismiss teh error bar (until next time).

I have seen, but only rarely, a different problem where the message
cannot be displayed in the preview pane and instead I get an error
there.  I don't have error message details unfortunately but next time
I see one I'll try to get a copy.  In this case, I have to select some
other message, then select back again in order to see the body of the
message.  I don't remember ever having had to restart Evolution to read
messages.

Some people seem to be talking about the second problem, where messages
aren't displayed at all and they have to go to more extreme lengths to
fix it.