Re: [Evolution] Endless "Empty cache file" errors

I'm having the same problem with evolution 3.18.5.2. It happens when
new mail comes in while evolution is open and running, and the new
mail is inaccessible and trying to open it gives "Unable to retrieve
message. Empty cache file: /home/.... etc." I researched the problem
and a few days ago read that this is a known problem and to date
there's no know fix,

I've never seen such a message [speaking as a 24/7 Evolution user for
more than a decade].

I see it all the time on one of my machines, and much less often on
others - the same account settings, same version of Evo, same distro on
all my machines.

It seems to be worse on my home machine but I'm on a fast connection
and there's no other indication of a slow network connection which
might cause the cache errors.

What type of account is this?  Any change "/home" is full?  Or "/home"
is an NFS mount?

This is an IMAPX account and, no, the /home is not quite full, only
3.9Tb free.

P.