Re: [Evolution] Bouncing emails

On Sun, 07 Aug 2016 17:16:33 +0200, Rudolf Künzli wrote:

that still doesn't explain how it works to get rid of unwanted
messages
by sending back the original mail.

My experience shows that people stopped sending mails after their
mails
bounced back several times.
I am not speaking about spam messages or such kind but about people
know some how.
So for me, this is a reasonable method, but naturally not for every
one
:-)

Indeed, if somebody, even a friend should send something that isn't
worth a reply, then most people simply don't reply ;). Nobody adds a
friend to spam filters or blacklists and we not necessarily reply
with
a comment. However, if for some reason it should be common practise
send back the original mail to e.g. friends, then it can't be done by
automation, since we first need to check if we want to reply or not
and
additionally it doesn't matter if we send back the original message
without additional text or a quoted message without additional text.
So
the option you want is a button, that has no special formatting
style,
but replies to the sender and this can be done by the reply button
;).
Ok, ok, you want to send back the mail without any quoting, but this
is
really an option not many users want to have too.

Claws Mail provides "Actions" a user could define. Since Claws Mail
is
not that feature rich, IOW more light weight than Evolution, the
action
feature makes sense and that Evolution doesn't provide such a feature
(perhaps it does and I'm not aware of it) makes sense, too.

2 Cents,
Ralf

As far as I learned with this thread, I can use Forward -> Redirect
which does exactly what I need...
I'd love to get the button in the tool bar, but it's not a real
problem.

Cheers
Rudolf