[Evolution] Queries on the system Architecture

Hi,
I have using the evolution mail successfully.
As a part of my Master's project I am work on the software architecture of the evolution mail.
So, I have some doubts on it if you can clarify me through the mail it would be grateful to  me
for completing my project work.So below are the list of doubts on evolution mail:

1) What type of architecture style does system followed?
2) What are the different modules involved in the system and where can i found the code
for those modules?
3)What are all quality attributes that are followed by the system?
4) How is the evolution different from the other open source application such as Thunderbird?

Thanks & Regards
Satya Nanda