Re: [Evolution] User Interface

On Wed, 2016-04-20 at 11:21 +0200, Tom wrote:
Sure could I walk from machine to machine, doing this with
Edit->Preferences->Mail Preferences->Labels, but the project should be
finished during my lifetime ;-)
As so often I'm looking for the quick (maybe dirty) fix ...

There seems to be a clean fix, edit it just one time for dconf and one
time for gconf.

I don't know, but I guess what you read by

  dconf read /org/gnome/evolution/mail/labels > label.txt

could be written by

  dconf write /org/gnome/evolution/mail/labels "$(cat label.txt)"

$ man dconf | head -n11 | grep KEY
       dconf read KEY
       dconf write KEY VALUE

For gconf you perhaps just need to restore from a media

  cp -rf /mnt/point/.gconf/apps/evolution/mail/labels $HOME/.gconf/apps/evolution/mail/

I wouldn't test it on a production environment, add a test user to a
gconf and to a dconf machine.

Regards,
Ralf