Re: [Evolution] Moved messages disappear from source, never show in destination

On Tue, 2016-04-12 at 10:09 +0100, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
On Tue, 2016-04-12 at 00:40 +0000, Matthew Saltzman wrote:

them on the new folder as the standard method on IMAP is to copy,
then
delete the original (or IIRC to use an IMAPX primitive that does an
atomic move), but I can't speak to what happens on EWS. Have you
selected Show Deleted Messages in the origin folder?
I didn't try that. I do know the messages aren't gone, because I can
see them via the Web interface or if I recreate the account. They
just
no longer show up in my message list. I guess they must be marked
deleted on my client, but not actually purged. But they shouldn't
stay
marked deleted if they weren't successfully moved, I think.
IIRC even after a successful move Evo will not purge the deleted
messages until you tell it to. Again, this is on IMAP. I've no idea
what EWS does.

Not entirely true on IMAP - there is now a "MOVE" primitive which Evo
will use if it's available and that isn't implemented as a COPY+DELETE,
but is a true MOVE. Hence there are no deleted messages to be purged -
so you are (probably) correct that Evo doesn't do a purge, but the
overall effect is that it looks like it has. Confused me no end when it
first happened.

P.