Re: [Evolution] Some messages do not display correctly in 3.16.5

Thanks for the quick reply

reply below

On Mon, 2015-09-21 at 13:41 -0700, Graham wrote:
Hi

I recently retried evolution and on the whole I like it a lot.

However I am seeing a few messages where the content does not display
correctly. In the message list I see the sender, subject, time, size
etc. but I can not see the content of the message and if I reply I do
not see a subject or a reply to.
Is the Preview pane enabled? (Ctrl-M)?
Yes

When replying, do you mean that the Subject line is blank, or that
there is no Subject line?
Everything is blank, however the reply window display the original subject

If you start replying to a message, what happens?
a) You get a completely blank compose window
b) You get an apparently blank window but with a quote line (similar to
the first line of this reply)
c) You get a normal compose window with quoted text.
I get a)
Hopefully the attached screenshots come through

I received email via imapx from gmail and the email account was
created
through gnome online account service.
I'm currently running evolution 3.16.5 on arch linux. I do not know
if
this was an issue with previous versions.

The effected emails display correctly in Thunderbird.
I took a closer look at one of these emails via thunderbird's source viewer and I see thunderbird saw an issue with MIME, but could display the message.

--B_3525682292_10282570

--B_3525682292_10242554

Does it make a difference if the message is in plain text or not?

Have you tried changing fonts? (Preferences->Mail Preferences->General)
Changing the fonts have no effect

poc